The Stoddard Firm fights for both the maimed and those grieving from the death of loved ones. Matt Stoddard, the founder and principal of The Stoddard Firm, has recovered millions for his clients, and he is consistently recognized as one of Georgia’s best (e.g. Super Lawyers’ Rising Star; Georgia Trend’s Legal Elite, National Trial Lawyers; Top Trial Lawyers).
Mr. Stoddard has both the education and experience to fight for the vulnerable. In addition to graduating with honors from the University of Georgia School of Law, he holds a degree in chemistry from the University of North Carolina Chapel Hill. Early in his legal career, he worked for the in-house legal department of a Fortune 500 company, and then as outside counsel defending the world’s largest appliance manufacturer, multiple global transportation companies, and a variety of healthcare professionals.
Finally, in June of 2011, Mr. Stoddard stopped defending corporate interests and began a rewarding career representing those injured by the negligence of others. Since then he has recovered millions for his clients, and set the record verdict for a personal injury case in at least one Georgia county.
Mr. Stoddard is frequently asked to write and speak to other lawyers about cases involving catastrophic injury or death. Some of his more recent speaking and writing engagements are reflected below. When the worst happens The Stoddard Firm can help.
Recent Speaking Engagements
- Litigating Premises Liability Cases: The Road to Victory For Falls and Negligent Security, ATLANTA BAR ASS’N SEMINAR ON THE TRIAL OF A PERSONAL INJURY CASE, JANUARY 2014
- Wearing the Right Shoes and Other Benefits of Focus Groups, GEORGIA TRIAL LAWYERS’ ASSOCIATION SEMINAR, MARCH 2013
- Auto Insurance Legal Considerations, THE SEMINAR GROUP’S CONTINUING LEGAL EDUCATION SERIES, AUGUST 2012
- Medicare Set Asides and the Medicare Secondary Payer Act, GDLA, MARCH 2011
Recent Published Works
- Premises Liability Cases: Obtaining Justice with OCGA § 51-3-1, ATLANTA BAR ASS’N ARTICLE, JANUARY 2014
- Essential Elements of a Successful Focus Group, GEORGIA TRIAL LAWYERS’ ASSOCIATION ARTICLE, CO-AUTHORED WITH MATTHEW WETHERINGTON, MARCH 2013
- An Expansive View of Georgia’s Freeport Exemption, GDLA SPRING NEWSLETTER, APRIL 2011>